Thursday, September 8, 2011

Writing Assignment - Week 2

1. I took the pictures first and posed second, so it was definitely a little less uncomfortable for me, but the awkwardness was still there. In both situations, I sort of felt limited... like I had to play it safe... which is the exact opposite mentality that we should have. Also for some reason, whenever I pose - especially for candids - I forget all the natural positions and movements of my body.

2. I think it probably helps to establish some sort of relationship with the person first. I've taken pictures of my friends and it's no problem at all. Also, showing them what you want and giving examples for movies and such can help them understand what you want to get out of the picture. Showing them your pictures as you go too... getting them excited about it. Silence is out of the question... you must converse with the model to maintain an appropriate comfort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment